Metallica’s maiden show in India was truly exceptional. The band seemed truly moved by the reaction of the crowd and the sheer energy and excitement that the Indian fans exhibited. It is also safe to say that the band’s gig at Palace Grounds, Bangalore was one of their most vivacious shows in recent years.
Lars Ulrich further went on to ask the audience: “Am I the only one in here who feels that Metallica should play more often in India?” He also promised that India will be seeing more of The Four Horsemen in the near future. All in all the show still feels like a dream – the biggest heavy metal band of all time just flew down to India and played their hearts out. Can you still dig that?
- Biffy Clyro frontman Simon Neil admits to have picked up the guitar after watching Metallica play live, when he was just 19
- James, Kirk, Robert and Lars throwing out guitar picks & drum sticks into the crowd
- The audience was not divided as per the price of the tickets, which made fans who purchased the Rs. 2,750 ticket miss out on the advantage of being in the very front. Ain’t that called cheating?
- Organizers were under prepared which resulted in poor sound set-up
- No pyro-technics during the song One